"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, November 14, 2011

"How many potatoes did you buy?"

HI FAMILY!
Thanks for all of your letters! I loved hearing for all of you! Sounds like the wedding is underway. crazy!! Well, I don’t have the most time to talk today, but I’ll do my best. so...new area! I love it here!! The members here are amazing. I’m really starting to understand why loving the people where you serve is so important. I have an investigator!! and his name is frank. He's black and from Nigeria. In Ukraine the people here call black people the "n" word but not b/c it’s disrespectful, that just what they’re called here. So if I were to say “that black person" that would actually be the disrespectful term....weird but that’s how it goes here. I don’t like saying the "n" words so I just call black people "brothas" :)....so, frank is a brotha and he is the coolest guy EVER! There are some people here that when I meet I know I met them so that I can help them change their lives...but there are also some other people that I meet that I know part of the reason I came here was so that they could help change my life, and frank is one of those people. He’ll get baptized when the time is right, which is super soon I think. I love my mission so much!! But I hate that I have all these amazing experiences that happen to me and I can’t even come close to telling you them all. Here’s a funny story about how much we know Russian. So we're contacting and we pass this potatoes truck thing and the guys that were working there call us back to talk with them, so we get going and I start talking to one guy while my companion (comp) speaks with another....by the end of the conversation I look at my comp and he's buying potatoes...so when I finish with the man I was talking with...I look at my comp and saw that he had this FAT sack of potatoes....I gave him a weird look and asked why he was holding the giant bag of potatoes...he told me he only wanted to buy 10 potatoes..."turns out I bought 10 kilos"...I don’t think I laughed that hard in a while haha. So, looks like we don’t need to buy potatoes for the rest of the transfer or from the looks of it, the next 3!! Anyways, I’ve never experienced so much happiness in my life. I love being here and I love my comp. I love this gospel with all my heart, and I love ALL of you. Have a great week!

- Старейшина Руни

No comments:

Post a Comment