"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, August 29, 2011

Language lessons....

HIII FAMILY!!
Sounds like things are going very well at home! The Girls are just living the dream and Kyle is doing work with El Dorado. Mom and Dad...thanks for all that you have taught me. Keep up the good work!
This week was a mazing and absolutely flew by. To start things off...we were going through our area book and meant to call a guy named Vladimir...well my comp thought I said Victor, so randomly we got an appointment with Victor and had a first lesson that went AMAZINGLY well. He is a doctor, which out here is not a very high paying job, and has a small humble family. Well, we taught him again and it was all in English which is a major blessing. it went even better the second time. I’ve had the spiritual experience on this mission already and in still a greenie...anyways we have very high hopes for this man. We will take our branch mission leader on out next lesson so they can relate to each other. Also, this week I had my first greenie split!!!! It was a blast; he has only been out a few weeks. I got a taste of what it was like to train a bit actually. It was his second time contacting his WHOLE mission so his Russian wasn’t the best and his people skills weren’t the best either. It was way cool to see the other side of the companion ship. I’ve been on 5 splits now so I have gotten to see how other missionaries work and it was his first time for everything. In this mission we contact a ton because the members well...they just aren’t "missionary" minded. The church organization here is a nightmare. so by week 2 for me I was used to contacting and getting OWNED by people on the streets and its was this guy's 2nd time only....it was good though, for both not knowing how to speak Russian, we still pulled off 2 contacts and had a lesson on the street for about 20 min...The gift of tongues is SO REAL. I really have a strong testimony that if you do your part HONESTLY,,,then God will do his. Preach My Gospel (PMG) is an amazing book too. The missionaries out here don’t really even use it either! But after watching the Districts a bunch, we compared our numbers with theirs and tried to figure out what they were doing that we weren’t....PMG was the answer. So my comp and I are trying to use it with everything and what do you know...God's plan is perfect. I learned SOOOOOO much on my greeine split and a lot of it was just applying basic gospel principles that taught me a ton. Just do the small and simple things. Well I got word from a reliable source that I’m staying I my area for my 3rd transfer! And I’m getting a young missionary too!! So we both won’t know Russian and I’ll be the guy leading which I’ve done before just not for longer than a day. I’m WAY excited to have a young comp and for the trials that will come with it. I am going to learn so much the nest transfer its gunna be AWESOME! Trials are an interesting concept too, I just have confidence that you get what you make of things, and that through our difficulties is when we grow, so I can’t wait. Tomorrow we will finish up at the Dotcha making a baptismal font with Valentine; and his wife will make us Borsh again....is SOOOOO BOMB. Over all, I’m having the time of my life and I’ve learned so much about myself. God really will give you things if you just ask him and if you are doing your part. His plan is perfect and we just have to trust in it. K, funny Language story for the week; I was talking to a guy named Sash about the plan of salvation, and in Russian if you want anything this to have possession you have to say like "plan of god" instead of "God's plan", then is forces a Case (genitive case if you were wondering) which changes how you say that particular word. Anyways...I said something about the "plan of God" and Sash starts dying of laughter...I guess the word "plan" when used in a possessive way means WEED!!! So I guess I told him all about the weed of God....yeaaaaa. hahaha he just said to say plan of salvation b/c that’s different somehow, don’t know why (as with most cases) but it is. Anyways, have a great week! I love you all!
be happy
--
- Старейшина Руни

No comments:

Post a Comment