"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, August 15, 2011

This week in paradise

FAMDIZZLE...
Wow, sounds like the Rooney Hotel was used to capacity this week! That's what I like to hear! YOU SAW A WHALE?! WHAT!? Did anyone touch it? or jump on it? I feel like if I saw a whale that would be the first thing to go through my mind..."jump man, you got this". Gosh I love Catalina! It’s great to hear the boat is getting used. Dad, I still can’t get over the fact that you’re not a Bishop anymore; do you feel like you have a ton of extra time now? I have a job for one of you, Find Sandy Bertha, my friend Alex's mom, and throw her on the my email list b/c she dear elders me ;literally every week and I keep forgetting her email. She’s awesome! Kyle! how was asb camp? You’re gunna be a SENIOR...WHAT? Blows my mind. and what is Kimi's deal? school? BYU? working? possible marriage? I feel like she got home from her mission and she fell off the face of the earth...let me know please :) Sounds like a party at home, as it should be. NATE!! Thanks for the Belt buckle!!! Nobody here understands why that’s funny, but I don’t care haha I think is rad. Mom, I got you're football...thank you so much. I really loved getting it, we'll use it soon. Football is one of the few "get-aways" we can have here to feel American again haha.
K, so this week in paradise (as Mr. Haun would say) was the saddest week ever. But, still the Lord manages to help us endure. In the beginning of last transfer, we were having a ton of success finding people and getting investigators. My companion told me that that was rare, and now I know why. This week, we had 1 investigator lesson...and that was all. Nothing else happened and we worked hard. The reason why it was a sad week, was b/c that lesson we had was with Roza and she dropped us HARD. I've met people here that I have really come to like and only few that I have come to love. Roza was like my investigator mom in the mission. In our lesson, things just didn’t feel the same; she started acting like a normal Ukrainian. It was really weird b/c from the start of that lesson I could tell that things weren’t gunna end well. First of all, I hate Satan, he's....kj;krltihaeigrasr AHHHHH...a meanie for lack of better words. I don’t think I’ve ever been that sad in my life honestly than I did that night when I watched Roza start to reject her very reason for being on the earth, the only thing that will help become truly happy, the BEST thing that could EVER happen to ANYONE...the love of Christ. This Gospel is literally the gateway to happiness and for someone to see that and tell me that she knows what we're teaching her is true and then to reject the very message that will save her from the misery she's feeling....breaks my heart almost literally. When we were about to leave her apt, I gave her the most heartfelt testimony that I could conjure up...I broke down in the middle of it. This was a hard time in my life. To see someone that you care for so deeply just deny feelings of the Holy Ghost...is a hard thing. She lost track of the importance of the Gospel. So that was on Monday, then of course we have a hot week so everyone goes to the sea, as in the streets are literally empty. The members here don’t get it and I know I have a missionary perspective but still, our branch is a wreck. The leadership down the drain except for 2 guys that have their heads on straight other than that, nothing is done properly. We tell them how things are supposed to go down and it just doesn’t get done. A lot of it is because we have a young branch and just everything here honestly isn’t up to par. Things are just tough here, but the good part is, is that I’m learning a ton! God's plan is great that’s for sure...but it’s still perfect and we just have to trust in that. I’m really excited to be on a mission b/c I’ve learned SO MUCH about so many things and I’m just in the beginning of my second transfer! To not come on a mission would literally have been the worst mistake of my life. One thing I’ve learned that I’ve come to apply in my life here is to celebrate your differences. With whoever or whatever...celebrate your differences. I’ve learned that life is AMAZING. The Spirit truly can be with you at all times. I've learned that not getting offended is crucial. Jesus really was the PERFECT example. This gospel is the true plan of happy NESS. God loves you. I love you all too! Missionary work is tough, but I love it. I’m having a great time here, and smiling is always worth it. Have a great week!

- Старейшина Руни

No comments:

Post a Comment