"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, August 22, 2011

Wow...what a week!!

KIMI!! What!? about to be married?!! CRAZYYYY!! I’M happy for the both of you! Being on a mission helps me realize how important marriage is! as LeGrand Richards puts it.."honey, what do you think we'll be doing 35 million years from now? Cuz you're stuck with me!!" haha I’m truly am so excited for you two. Well sounds like a crazy week at the Rooney's, that’s what I like to hear! Kyle, when does school start? Are you stoked for ASB man? Cami! How’s work? Bro Frisbie is the man...Mom, summer's almost over!!!!! You better head to the beach! Dad, you're not Bishop anymore and I still can’t wrap my head around that. Keep playing on that Boat.
Time truly flies out here. This week was incredible. First of all, I would like to say that anyone who serves a mission is a Baller. To see the growth that I’ve seen in the short time that I’ve been out is incredible. And to know that i've still got some time out here makes me wonder how much I will learn!! It makes me sad to see some people who have served missions throw away the things that they learn out here right after they get home. The mission is your school for eternity. You can always look back on and reflect on the life/gospel principles that you not only learned about, but experienced firsthand. I will cherish this experience for the rest of my life. So, this week was amazing. We worked at the Dacha again and were blessed with the craziest rain storm I’ve ever experienced. Then we found an in active member of the church who fell off the face of the earth and we randomly (not really) contacted into him. We met with him last night and had a powerful lesson. He's controlled by the addiction of smoking and it’s ruining his life. It’s really sad but we're here to hellp!! Then we found to old investigators in the Area book and well, husband and wife that are AMAZING!!!!! The best lesson so far. I have high hopes for these two. I love my life. It really is a choice whether or not you are happy, and with the Gospel....well; it literally doesn’t get any better. I have such a strong testimony that God has a plan. And it really is prefect for you and me. We just have to trust in it. After studying the topic of Hope, I’ve come to know that Hope is essential to being happy and the best part is, hope is a choice too. SO BEEEEEEE HAPPPPPYYYY that’s one of the reasons why were even HERE in the first place! Well, that’s my 2 cents for this week. I spent all my time today chatting with the best siblings in the world so it’s a short one today! I love you all. Have an awesome week as the summer comes to a close.


- Старейшина Руни

No comments:

Post a Comment