"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Friday, June 3, 2011

Week 8

FAMMMMMMIIIIILLLYYYY!!!
This week was a rush....I’ll start with a funny story. K, so every Sunday we have a devotional. You knew that, so this past Sunday my district was asked to give 2 people to give the prayer. So i volunteered cuz i thought it would be a fun experience. I BOTCHED IT!!! WHO does that?! I thought i was gunna be cake cuz it was in my NATIVE language...ENGLISH. Turns out i can’t speak that one either!! Right before i went to say the prayer (opening) this big bald dude who’s 6'8 comes and asks us "you ever prayed in front of 2000 people before?" I said no (at the time thinking it was gunna be easy) he said “just close your eyes it’s easy" then laughed like dad would've have laughed after asking us if we have holes in our chins cuz we spilled food everywhere. anywaaaaays...i get up there and close my eyes....i went blank....ALL of my verbal prayers are in Russian! i didn’t know what to say and the thought of freezing in front of 2000 people while getting filmed made it a whole lot worse! So i started feeling super uncomfortable speaking English then after i ask God to please bless HIMSELF...i just wanted to end the prayer as fast as possible hahaha. I felt so cool...not. So i sat down hoping that people would disregard my prayer...nope, not one bit. ALL the Italians in Jaroms class came up to me...and said" nice prayer elder" as they were giggling. Not to mention all of the other 150 Russians here that all gave me crap for it. Overall, it was super funny and still today I’m getting made fun of for it. Oh well. Thanks for your letters! I LOVE reading them (when i get any). I had a tough week this week to be honest. Not home sick or anything just internal battles with myself (companions, Russian 100%, etc.). I absolutely love the atonement. It is SO real. God can do EVRYthing and ANYthing for you if you trust in him and live worthily. I’m so grateful to be here. I LOVE the MTC, but i can’t wait to get out now haha. The spirit CAN be with us every second of the day if we live worthily of it. It’s all up to us. Mom and Dad, thank you for teaching me how to work. I see missionaries struggle every day because of their lack of work ethic. I’m grateful that we worked as a family the most. NEVER stop praying together and as a family. Make EVERY second with each other count. WE are so that we might have JOY. God loves you, i love you. Thanks for your examples. KYLE!!!!! Keep up the good work my man! i love you THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS much! I’m sending you something soon i think you'll like :) Cami, why are you such a baller? Keep writing me dude i love your counsel. And Kimi, this is the time. The time to ABSOLUTELY KILL IT MORE THAN EVER BEFORE! You’ve done an amazing job.
I love you all so much! I wish we could all be on a mission together. That would be the best thing EVER!
Have a great week!!
ct. rooney

No comments:

Post a Comment