"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Week 9

FAMILY!!
Dad, I got your email about my account, I’ll see what i can do when I get the info. Also, thanks for writing me I love hearing about what’s going on. Thanks also to Cami for writing! I’ll try and write you today if I have anytime. That’s great to hear about youth conference that went down this past weekend, sounds like it was a blast. Today as we were walking to the temple I saw a whole deacon’s quorum walk in to do baptisms...it was such a cool thing to see younger people than me participating in the progress of God's plan. I hope that we never take that opportunity for granted. Kyle! I’m bummed you missed out on youth conference. But I’m glad that you and Dad are doing the "triple crown" together. Cherish your time with dad (and mom), cuz when you leave for school or mission, that’s all you think about. We have the best family ever. I’m so grateful for all of you. This Plan really is perfect and I can’t wait to share with others in 13 DAYSSS!!!! Last night we got to hear from Yoshihko Kikuchi....AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was an incredible talk and that man is so in tune with the spirit. He spoke about having your own "sacred grove", place where every morning you can go to where you can "subdue yourself" to God. He gave us these steps 1. Arise early, 2. Wash body, 3. New linen (get ready for the day), 4. Subdue yourself to the Lord, and 5. Wait for inspiration. He challenged us to do this and now I challenge you. He shared and incredible story about this and then promised in the name of Jesus Christ that if we do this sincerely....it will change our lives. Also, some not new counsel for our parents but very important counsel...m&m pray together EVERy DAY...go to the temple as often as possible...have FHE every week...and family prayer every day. I know that when we do the small and simple things that we will see more blessings in our lives than ever before. Satan may make this seem hard to do, BUT it’s not. Commit yourselves to doing these things no matter what, and you will see a change in your lives’. I so love being here on a mission. My family has prepared me well for this experience and I’m grateful for that. The Gospel is so important and it makes me sad that I never took advantage of the wonderful gift that we have as much as i should have...THERE IS ALWAYS time for the gospel. Make it a Priority in your life, and NEVER be afraid to share it with others. Families are forever and the more that I think about this concept the more real it gets. I did sealings again today and there are so many blessings that come from just being a part of this gospel is unreal. I challenge you all to take advantage of this gospel in your lives more and more. Kyle, go to the temple with your buds as much as possible. Those memories will create lasting impressions in your life. Mom, dad and Cami, the temple is where we need to be. Keep it up! Read and pray constantly. My heart is full right now and it goes out to all those that don’t have this amazing gift in their lives. Oh and help the missionaries some time cuz well...you have 2 out right now! Anyway, i love you all so much and i love getting letters from you! Have a wonderful week!!

Ct. Rooney

No comments:

Post a Comment