"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Last week in the MTC!!

FAMILY!!! AHHHH IM ALMOST OUT OF THIS PLACE!! Cami, I feel for ya having to be here for this long. I mean, don’t get me wrong, its way dope here but its time haha. Dad, I took care of everything with my account, and I sent it off yesterday so hopefully things will work out! Also, thanks for your letter that sounded like so much fun on Sunday! I’m 20 now....crazy. So, I’ve been pretty sick lately and even on my birthday :(. There's this virus thing going around BYU and soon to the MTC I guess, so no one is allowed to make any physical contact ie shaking hands or anything. I don’t have that I just itch all over my body, can’t sleep, cough up storm, have the chills/sweats, and I’m almost always beat tired....but I’m getting better! It started about 4/5 days ago. I’ll be fine before I leave though. The carnival sounded like a blast dad way to go! K so thanks for the bear and the amazing card! Mom and dad I love you both so much. Kimi sent me a card and told me about her experience about when I was born...it was SO COOOL! Thanks Kim! Honestly, I get home sick every now and then. Not enough to want to come home, but just continuing to realize how great and fun my family is makes me think about home every once in a while. BUT I know that this is the place for me. It seems like things are going GREAT at home and I continue to see the blessings of being a missionary here and from home. K on to the good stuff. I GOT MY TRAVEL PLANS!!! I fly out from salt lake at 8:30 am on Tuesday morning. I fly to JFK (NY) and land at 3:12 pm. 5:40 I fly to Vienna, Austria and land at 8:25AM! Longest flight ever...then from there I fly (10:20 am) to Donetsk and land at 1:50 pm. I’m allowed to call in the airport so be ready for a weird number and ANSWER IT! But I’m only going to call in the morning from salt lake or from JFK but I wont have very long to talk...oh can you PLEASE send pictures!!!!! I leave Tuesday morning so send out quickly! Armdizzle sent me some and I love them! Pictures are super important for sharing with investigators in Ukraine I guess. So pictures of family, hobbies...etc. all of our TRC's went way better when we had pics of family and especially when the person we were teaching was a native. Oh and for the trip from JFK to Vienna, I’m only allowed to have two 50 lbs bags and one 17 lbs carry on....good thing I didn’t bring that third bag! But I’m over weight so should I send things home? or leave in free boxes in the MTC? let me know! Guys, I’m SO STOKED TO GET OUT OF HERE! Its gunna be absolutely nuts. Oh and where I’m at uses the pouch system for mail. The address you send letters to is the mission home address. Oh and I guess I need a bunch of stamps? I think it'll just be easier to email when I’m in the field but let me know what you think! K last thing real quick, Ricky Holland is stuck in Georgia for 4 days! I guess there was a volcano some where in the world and he can’t fly in to South America...crazy. Oh! and we got to hear from the general primary president last night for the devotional...it was actually pretty rad. It helped me realize that primary is so important cuz it helps build our foundation in the gospel. K I got to go! But it sounds like everyone had a great week!! Oh and will told me Kyle got a vespa? that’s SO SICK! (If that’s true). Tell garret I love him. I love you all!!!!!

Ct. Rooney

No comments:

Post a Comment