"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Week 7

FAMILY!!!!
Sorry I don't know a missionary named Newsome? There are SO many new missionaries its nuts...ill keep an eye for him. SO...last night at our devotional, we heard from Elder Russell M. Nelson...no big deal! it was So RAD! we've been so blessed with being able to hear form 4 apostles already its crazy! he and his wife spoke about obedience. it was very powerful. i am getting over my companions haha but i still love them. i understand more and more every day that how the mission teaches you valuable lessons. it really does help you become a better person and helps you think about which kind of person you will end up being later on. my companions are really alike and the more i get to know them, the more i see myself less like them. but what keeps us glued together, is our purpose. and for the mission, that's all it takes. I'm learning how to celebrate our differences. its really hard tho when we have different goals in mind and each thinks their way is better or more effective (usually they have the same and I'm kinda left out) BUT...its OK. I'm learning and growing everyday how to be patient and how to be more and more flexible. the longer I'm here, the more i see that "You" don't matter. the mission isn't about me. its about the people you are being prepared for me to teach. its so true that forgetting yourself and going to work, truly makes ALL the difference. i love the examples i have and i CANT WAIT TO GET TO THE FIELD!!!! i got a letter from a buddy of mine a transfer ahead of me. I'll send it to you. he's in my mission and well....crazy. I'm doing really well. when I'm exactly obedient i feel invincible from the temptations of Satan. other times when I'm not...i feel temptations have more of an impact on me. BE OBEDIENT. we have rules for a reason and they WILL bless us if we follow them. I've experienced so many different emotions here that I've never felt experienced before. you truly have to experience the MTC to understand. I'm writing talks in Russian all on my own. Ive written 3 already and every time i try not to use the Russian Preach My Gospel (PMG) unless i need a quote. others basically just write paragraphs from PMG for their talks and i feel that they're cheating themselves of great practice. we're teaching all in Russian and have another TRC tonight. i don't think I've EVER studied so much in my LIFE!!! oh...i met the President of the GIRLS SCOUTS OF AMERICA yesterday...she's not a member and is from Auckland NZ so i told her to say hi to Todd Love. also the head of training for the MTC came up to me and said the Kimi was his favorite missionary to work with. I'm not surprised :) i got dads letter...Catalina!!!!!!?????? SICK that sounds like a blast. if i was ANYWHERE else but here i might have been jealous...but this place is too good and too worth it. k no time AGAIN but i love you all. have an awesome week... and KYLE STILL HASN'T WRITTEN ME BACK :) thanks for all the love and prayers.


-Ct. Rooney


No comments:

Post a Comment