"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, July 18, 2011

My family does exist!!
60 hours in a car?...shoot me now. I’m sure it was WAY fun! Sounds like your trip was a blast. I’m especially stoked that you got to see Danny more than anything. My zone leader looks EXACTLY like him but with brown hair...i honestly feel like I’m talking to Danny every time I talk to him. I’m learning so much every day! More about life I feel than anything actually. This place is perfect for me, it really is. The days here just keep getting faster and faster. This place is unreal. I’m beginning to see why people say that it’s tough. This week was full of emotion. For starters, Roza dropped us...but we got her back. But ALL the rest of our investigators followed in Roza's footsteps. We just haven’t gotten them back YET. It’s getting way hot here and I’m never not sweating. Step out of the cold shower...give it 10 min, and you're sweating again haha. And when you're in the internet club...you better look at your own screen cuz it’s the ONLY thing that is anything close to pure in the entire place. It blows my mind everyday how immodest people here are. Just walking around outside is worse than walking down the Strip in Vegas on a major holiday, by far, and in every aspect. The people here are so lost and it kills me how none of are willing to change. Whenever I ask someone if they are happy, almost every single person says no, and they say that they have their OWN church that they've been going to their whole lives. When we say that the Gospel will help them be happy, they can’t except it; which i understand because they all live extremely difficult lives that change seems impossible, I get that. But if they're so miserable, then why not take a chance on the gospel?!....it can’t hurt ANYTHING. Everyone is SOOOOOO stubborn, its annoying. But the work goes on. This mission is a contacting mission I guess. It’s what we do. All day every day, on the streets yo! Right now is DEAD. Yesterday was in the 40's (Celsius) and this whole next week will be just the same. So everyone is gone "to the sea", which means in my area where there is no one anyways, there REALLY won’t be anyone out on the streets. I'll definitely say Hi to Pres. Velikano and his wife (our branch Pres), they are awesome. My money situation is an interesting question....I’m not sure. We’re in to personal at the moment but we're supposed to get things work funded that haven’t been so that should give us a little more money....we'll see :)
How’s the summer so far? Kyle, do you have any camps left? Kimi, are you adjusting well? Cami, you are going to be loaded its sounds like haha. But I’m proud of you for being patient dude, its pays off. DAD!!!! you’re a boss (that means you are "cool") thanks for working out my money situation so quickly, I’ll see soon today if i can get money out. I find myself saying those lame "Dad" jokes every once in a while...thanks a lot haha. MOM!!!! Hi. how are you? how's your summer? Thanks to you people point and laugh at me because they all think I’m Armenian (I have no clue how that’s spelled) and probably make fun of because all Armenians can speak Russian minus me haha. But I can’t tell what they're saying anyways so it’s cool :) I know this is where I need to be. I know that the only reason I’m slightly healthy slash alive is because I’m on the Lord's errand and His people need this message. This experience really teaches me to appreciate the Gospel because it really is the only way to true happiness. I love you all! Have a great week!!
Ct. Rooney
ps. thanks for the pictures

1 comment:

  1. Are you related to the Kimi Rooney who served in San Antonio Texas? If so...tell her Sister Rawson is looking for her! tanshinoko@yahoo.com or Courtney Walden Rawson on Facebook. If not...sorry for the comment!

    ReplyDelete