"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, July 9, 2012

A Year in Ukraine!!

HI!!
 I loved getting your letters this week. It sounds like your trip was a blast and those pictures were great!  Today's letter might be a little short b/c we just got a call from the other elders in my district that last night, someone left a window open at the branch bldg and when the doors were locked the alarm went off and now there are some Ukrainian police men at the bldg waiting for me to finish writing my family b/c I have the keys to the branch...but they can wait a little :) It blows my mind that I have just spent my 2nd 4th of July in Ukraine!! I remember to clearly when I got a letter from Sandy Bertha (my boy Alex's mom) saying that she was so excited to see Alex at the next 4th of July...and now he's home!!  crazy!  Time absolutely flies out here and Its scary how it all ends.  So this week was really great, we finished the yard work out in front of the Church on Saturday just in time for a Baptism!  the sisters in my district had a baptism and we had 3 investigators show up! it was a miracle.  This week I had yet another testimony building experience about how the Spirit will lead your life if you will let Him.  We had 2 lessons this week where the Spirit was able to come in and lead the whole thing.  We had a lesson with Toleek and Ivan (best friends since birth, both 27, and both very successful) together and b/c the Spirit was there,  we made a ton of progress!  Lessons with them are in English which is a blessing so we were able to show some Mormon Messages and talked about them and related them to how we can receive answers to our prayers.  We watched 2 videos and I was just praying the whole time that these 2 friends of mine would be able to understand them!  It turns out that they didn't completely but it didn't matter.  Toleek had tears in his eyes  while watching them and the Holy Ghost told Toleek exactly what he needed to hear.  The rest of the lesson ran smoothly and Toleek ended the lesson with prayer.  He left the lesson with a huge desire to learn for himself whether or not our message is true.  There is honestly nothing better than doing missionary work. The joy that it brings me never ceases to blow me away.  I came to this area in January and have just received a transfer.  I'm really sad but at the same time way excited to move to a new area.  These people have become my Ukrainian family. I love them so much and It will be tough to leave.  AHH!! I LOVE this AREA!!!  Anyways, the Russian language kicks my butt everyday. I feel like i try so hard sometimes and just get owned!  Its very humbling and I learning to be patient with myself.  Ok I have to go talk to crazy Ukrainians about how no one broke into the church (hopefully) but that someone just left a window open.  I love you all very much!!
- Старейшина Руни

PS: Benji Patino wrote me a letter I'm blown away with how mature he sounded,  pass my love to him please. I will try and write him soon.

Also, I finally got around to making my B-day cake.... SOOOO GOOOOD!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment