"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, July 16, 2012

Whitewashed?? (new area)

HIIII!!!! I love you alll!!! 
  It is so nice to get letters from home.  I'm not kidding, my family is the best family in the world. Writing letters every week to your family is inspired, it has to be. Every time no matter what happened earlier in the week, I know that I can can get the spiritual nourishment from all of my family members.  Thank you so much for writing me, its means so much.  And once again, I'm a terrible typer and writer so if this letter is short and looks like a 3rd grader closed his eyes and started banging on a keyboard...I ask for forgiveness in advance.   Well, I got a transfer...and moved all of 25 min from my last area.  Although things are completely different.  I whitewashed into an area with kid named Zach Moss.  He has been the biggest blessing to me.  He is from Bountiful, Utah and is so much fun.  We are having the best time ever!!!    The last missionaries in this apt were either going home and super lazy b/c we had nothing going for our area and our whitewash notes were a voice recording...thats it.  Our apartment was broken...literally ( lights, sink, doors and handles etc.) so we had nothing with no idea how to get anywhere...it was awesome. (By the way my comp is a sponsored free-runner...look him up on YouTube or something b/c he says it pretty cool)  Anyways, we have had so much fun and a ton of miracles since we've been here. We had a man named Geeorgee that we met with our second night, come to church and he loved it! I had to translate for Sis. Campero at church  yesterday which is always super tough but kinda fun b/c I just stuff up if I did get every word...its FINE she doesn't speak English very well so its cool :).  I have learned this week a lot about the atonement.  Its been very humbling to understand more and more how weak I am in every aspect! But its ok b/c " Christ's strength is perfected in weakness" (that's in the bible somewhere i totally forgot but I read that not too long ago).  The mission is such a crazy time and I'm so grateful for this opportunity to be here. By the way I'm now serving in Center Donetsk which is so cool b/c its a big city and there are things that are constantly going on. I've been really moved recently to want to get less active work going here in my area.  My purpose is to invite others unto Christ...that's the first part and Less actives are everywhere and they need the gospel so bad.  I look back on a time when I went out with the missionaries at home and we went to a man who was inactive ( Dad, He's the one with the big stache) and he said something that really hit me.  He said he stopped coming to Church when his home teachers stopped coming by.  EVERYONE needs and friend, home teachers and a calling.  EVERY SINGLE MEMBER, its so important and I've seen the effects of not having any of these things here and we are struggling so much with activity.  I truly feel for these people that aren't at church b/c they aren't experiencing the things that God wants them to experience, for example taking the sacrament.  They  are missing out on such an amazing blessing that keeps me here on a mission.  I'm here b/c I have personally seen the Atonement shape and change my life and it breaks my heart to see others who have had that opportunity and not understand it completely.  I don't even understand it completely.  Brigham Young said that we are constantly living below our privileges and its true.  If we truly understood the Atonement and how it works in our entire existence here on earth, then I'm convinced that we would not rest a minute in a day until we have done all that we can to help our brothers and sisters who are in need.  We need to lift where we stand and be an example among the believers.  That is counsel given to us so that we can help our family members who are struggling.  Please go a out and find someone this week that needs help.  Find some one on your ward list that you have never met and go make a friend. People get so stuck in their comfortable ways that they tend to follow the "ethics of ease" as Jeffery R Holland put it.  Learn more about the Atonement and how it helps you in you life then go share it with someone!  As my favorite companion said, "everyone deserves brownies on their door step".  I love this work for how it makes me feel.  I feel like I don't understand anything about how God works but I know that if follow the counsel given in Alma 26:22  I too can know the mysteries of God.  Family, I love you so much and can wait to see you all again but until then study the scriptures and learn about the word of God, apply it in your lives, and share it with others.  Keep up the good work. thanks again for your inspiring letters and comments.  I know that this church is true, SO TRUE! and I know that it will help anyone.  I love my Savior for everything that He has done for me.  

Have a great week!
--
- Старейшина Руни

No comments:

Post a Comment