"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, May 28, 2012

Things couldn't be better!!!

HI!!!
  So going against moms request of writing a long email...I was talking to my siblings so this could be short, but I'll try my best!  This week was incredible.  My mission is going through an "up" right now and things couldn't be better.  According to transfer calls, I'm staying again in the same area. I'm really excited being that this transfer things are going to blow with our investigators!  Yesterday I translated for Sis. Campero b/c they showed up to our branch for church, so I sat up on the stand with President and did my best to translate from Russian to broken rearranged English (being that a lot of things don't translate well in to English) then from that to super simple English b/c She doesn't speak that well....my head exploded. it was fun though. I've been in this area since January and a lot of members here have become family to me.  I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!  they are so amazing and so strong with their beliefs.  Yesterday also, we had an amazing time on the streets finding Israel. This man came walked by and my comp stopped him and he speaks pretty good English but the cool part was that as he walked away, he told us that he had the chills and would be reading and waiting for our phone call...its was SO RAD!  last night wrote down 7 contacts in our area book...that NEVER HAPPENS its was so awesome.  I'm in love with the kids all around this area. today we should be having a pretty massive game of soccer with the missionaries in my district verse Ukraine...I'm really excited for it today. Its been so much fun walking around and hearing "Rooney! Rooney!" everywhere I go. I feel like I'm actually doing something here. The girl that just got baptized that I had the honor of being apart of, told us that she wants to serve a mini mission (go on a transfer long split with the missionaries) and that she wants to do it next transfer...she awesome!  I got to teach her the plan of salvation again and about temples and its was so cool to teach the doctrine to someone who is accepting and zealous to do more.  I love being a missionary and I cant tell you the things that I have learned. I've learned a ton about how true happiness comes from making righteous decisions. In 2 Ne 2:25 "men are that they might have joy" what do you think that means?  Were people in Heaven in the premortal life happy? were there some there that were not happy?  What happened to those that were unhappy? why were they unhappy? are they happy now?  They bounced with our brother out of the presence of God. They did not have joy b/c they did not live according to Gods law and His plan.  So, those who were happy and had joy, were those who followed God's commandments and did what God asked. SOOOO when it says that men are that they might have "JOY".  I firmly believe that we are here to make the Righteous choices and follow God.  If obedience to God's commandments =Joy...then "men are that they might [follow the commandments of God]". B/c by doing so, we are living according to the plan of salvation which is the reason that we came here.  There is my little study and I hope that it helps you out in some way, I love you all so much and I cant wait to email NEXT WEEK!

- Старейшина Руни

ps We had a hail storm and  crazy amounts of rain and it looked like I jumped into a pool I was so wet.
pss I'm going to Armenia on the 20th of June!! for a visa trip cool huh?!
psss i tried to send pictures and nothing happened :(

No comments:

Post a Comment