"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, March 26, 2012

Miracle after Miracle

HI FAMILY!!
  IT was great to hear from you today!  Everything sounds great at home. This could be a little short today, b/c of lack of time.  This week was great! We have 2 investigators that are ACTUALLY INTERESTED!! its so cool to see people that actually want to meet with us. We have a man named Toleek who is 27 and an absolute BOSS.  He just started out as an English lesson then HE brought up the church and we meet with him twice a week with our less active on the lessons with us.  it so amazing to see the Gospel change not only my life but also Sveta (less active) and Toleek's too. Toleek said that since we've been meeting with him, we've changed his life.   It wasn't me or my comp at all, it was the Spirit and the Atonement.  I'm so grateful to be the instrument that God uses to make this work possible here in this area of my mission. I've seen miracle after miracle.  And I've realized that if you want a miracle and you're doing your part...just ASK.  Classic example, this morning its was way cold and windy and gross, and we all wanted to play Basketball for the first time in a LONG time for P-day.  So I said a little prayer to myself that we could see the sun today...I went into the kitchen to eat breakfast and the clouds opened up and the sun hit pretty much just our kitchen, like the rest of the sky was gloomy and cold (and hailing) and as I'm eating, the heavens opened and our building was completely covered by sun shine.  It was a tender moment for me that again let me know that God is listening to me. What a blessing.  Last night we met with a man named Andrey...he wants to get baptized and has been keeping commitments with everything! However he works on Sunday.  and that's the only thing that is holding him back that I can see from entering in the the waters of baptism. Its been so hard for me to try and bring up the subject of keeping the sabbath day holy because I was afraid of what he might say, but it was hammer time and the Spirit helped us out a TON on our lesson.   He told us he feels great when ever he meets with us and that he wants to get baptized.   We gave some pretty heavy promises and it was way powerful. He  wants to talk to his boss and see if he can get Sundays off so he can come to church!  I'm so excited for him.  But I was doing a lot of pondering about why I was so afraid to ask him to him to give some things up for the Lord because I shouldn't be afraid to ask someone Right?  I came up with the conclusion that the reason I was afraid to be bold and tell him straight that he has to be at church was because I'm finally starting to love the people here and I don't want to offend them not because of the Church or anything like but because I just really want them to experience happiness and it gets scary bringing up some of the Gospel laws because I just don't want to lose them because these people are awesome.  I'm having a great time here, things  get hard but I rely on my Heavenly Father and my district actually a lot more than I thought I would.  These Elders are rock solid, and I'm so blessed to have been put in the same areas as these men.  Anyways,  I love you all so much, keep working hard and choosing to see miracles because they happen all the time, you just have to open your eyes and see them.

- Elder Rooney


 

No comments:

Post a Comment