"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, March 5, 2012

Gift of the Spirit

Hey family!
I got a little carried away writing a sibling of mine so this letter will be a bit short.  It sounds like there was a great week of birthdays! Happy Birthday once again!  This week was great.  I love this branch that I’m serving in!  These members will never leave my heart. We have transfers on Thursday and word on the street is that I’m training?!  We’ll see what happens; I’m excited for a change. I’m staying in my area and couldn't be more grateful.  I know that all of my companions are given to me by God.  I’ve learned so much form every single one. I've seen miracle after miracle on my mission and JUST realized that I’ve been under utilizing the Gift of the Spirit.  I thought I was getting a hold on things....HA! I'm learning more and more every day that the spirit in my life will as big of a deal as I make of it. One of the hardest things for me is following the promptings I receive. I feel so young and immature in the gospel sometimes.  And then I see others around me that don’t even know who or what God is.  God's Plan is crazy...for example in my 1st area, we were in a village and the OLD woman was walking up to her "Dacha" and she looked like she lived a tough life.  Her years were very apparent and her life had taken a tole on her body to say the least.  She had probably done the same thing every day for the past 10 or so years.  Walking with her cain, body bent over, moving very slowly, up a good sized hill, through dirt mud and rocks.....what is God's plan for her? Why do I have the Gospel in my life?  These are just some things that I ponder sometimes.  This whole experience is crazy and I wouldn’t change it for the world.   Thanks for all that you do family and friends!  I feel your love and prayers.  Keep striving to become better every day. I love you all
- Старейшина Руни

No comments:

Post a Comment