"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, January 23, 2012

So Long to Gorlovka

HI Family!
 So this week was absolutely nuts!  First I want to say that I got the Bybees letter with shirt in it and the Kidd's letter, THANK YOU SO much!!!!  I loved reading all the letters and the shirt was a perfect fit and I appreciate it a ton, so thank you.  Mom and Dad, thanks for your emails, they encourage me so much and every time I hear what I needed to hear. I love you both with all my heart.  This week was crazy. I went on a miracle split with one of my best friends in the mission. We both had the best attitude and we saw miracle after miracle and it was an absolute a blast.  Not too long ago we got a call from the office in Donetsk and they said that our landlord person was selling our apt...In 3 weeks, and we have to find a place to live...so that has been crazy.  Today we moved in and everything worked out fine. However since it was a short notice and some other issues with money going down in the office, we had to pull out personal money to pay for the apt, as to why I have some money pulled out (Dad) but we will get paid back here shortly.  I got a transfer call so I’m am leaving Gorlovka, I’m sad :(  I loved this area so much. My district both transfers have just been so solid and so fun and I’ll miss them a ton. We’ve been meeting with some members for the last time and it’s been sad to say goodbye, we administered another blessing last night to the man whose wife left him with nothing and took the kids too. He told me to tell my parents (YOU) a ton of way nice things about me, he complemented my companion and I a ton, just know that they were too nice.  He called us his brothers and that it was so nice to have missionaries be real and not just missionaries.  He said that he will never forget us and the help that we rendered during his hard time (along those lines).  He is a very humble man that I have learned a ton from. I grabbed a picture with him on his chair that we sit on when we go over for lessons, bless his soul, my feet are pretty much numb when I leave his apt and he has to live in that...strong man. He asked us for oil b/c he was going over to give his kids, and I think wife too, a blessing and he didn’t have anything  so I gave him my container thing with some consecrated oil that I always have on me...then he as he was throwing on a shirt and tie to be as dressed up as he could for the blessing, he was looking around  for something and I asked him if he was looking for his tie, he goes on to say that he doesn’t have one and that he misses having a tie for church and stuff like that....he's got a pretty good looking tie now....it’s crazy how much you want to serve someone when they have a special place in your heart. I learned a lot this week about helping the poor and needy and it was cool to see my studies applied in my life, yet again.  I have SO MUCH compared to some of these people, I’ve been so blessed. Read Mosiah 4 (I think) and learn about "beggars". It’s really cool to see how we are all beggars and to see how much we all use and need the Lord.  It really helps me want to help out a ton more b/c we're all in the same boat.  I love you all and I hope you have a great week! You’re in my thoughts.


- Старейшина Руни

No comments:

Post a Comment