"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, January 16, 2012

More Miracles






HI family!!!
 Thanks for all the love you all give me. I pray so that I can feel your love and that you can feel mine.  You are the best family EVER!!
Cami no big deal just went SKY DIVING!!! WHAT!!! I want to go SOOO bad.  That sounds like a blast. Sounds like a great week!  This week for me was incredible.  My mission is a roller coaster.  I want to tell you some awesome miracles that went down this week.  #1 - We decided that there are too many people that are members that aren't coming to church. haha which is almost everyone...anyways, we started calling less actives.  We ended up calling a woman named Natasha, I think, and she agreed to meet with us! MIRACLE!  She actually said yes!  It was so amazing! But it gets better, we get there and her son has a friend over who sat in on our lesson, so our lesson plan quickly changed to the restoration.  Long story short, the friend is 21 ish and super interested. We hope to meet with him this week. He accepted our invitation to read and pray, it was awesome.  #2 - with our new schedule, we "find" a ton, so one night it was about 6 pm and time to find...and we were NOT in the finding mood.  It was way cold, pitch black and we just had no hope that we would find anyone.  We needed and attitude switch bad.  So what did we do? We threw on a recording that I have of me and Jarom (with some other BOYS including Dick) jamming on Ukuleles and the piano at BYU.  We listened to One Day, and made our selves be happy and have the right attitude.  We decided that it was pointless to go out and try to help people if you yourself were beat and with no hope.  So we charged up and went out with the best attitude that we could come up with.  And then we witnessed a miracle. The first man we spoke with invited us on the street to walk with him to his apt.  So we started walking home with him, he had just finished work. On the way to the apt he tells us that his wife was baptized in 2008 into our church!! He wasn’t baptized but pretty much took all the lessons with his wife, who is inactive.  But we went in and they gave us tea (fruit tea...relax) and we talked a bit.  They have 3 young kids that were way cool and not against talking about the church at all.  So we hopefully are going back with a member (her visiting teacher) to have a lesson this week with her and him.  CRAZY!!!! We are so blessed, and we wouldn't have has that opportunity if we didn’t take the time to "get in the mood" aka, regain some real hope and faith that we were going to find someone.  I learned a ton of lessons this week. My personal study has been way good and I’ve been able to apply the things I learned.  I was studying about trusting in God, and thought to myself, when you read things and it always says that God is our “loving Heavenly Father". I thought and pondered this for a long time.

I have a picture of our family on my desk and I looked at Dad.  I thought about the amazing feeling it will be when I am able to be embraced in his arms again, and about how I can go to dad for anything. I thought about how I can feel his love for me and about how strong that bond is.  Then I honestly thought about my Father in Heaven.  I came to the conclusion that I don’t have that bond with God.  And to think that God loves my perfectly.  I've always thought of God as the "Big scary God" guy who can forgive me of my sins if I do what he says.  But I’ve never really honestly taken the time to think about God as our loving Heavenly Father and what that REALLY means.  So right now, I’m working on making my relationship with God better.  It’s been interesting and inspiring.  I have a LONG way to go. But I’m learning a ton.  I’m grateful for all of you, have a great week! and DO MISSIONARY WORK with someone this week!


- Старейшина Руни

No comments:

Post a Comment