"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, September 19, 2011

Transfers

WOW
What a week, sounds like it was a dream come true. I’m so proud of my family!! Way to do missionary work, one down...only 1000000000034659028437502938750293845 to go :) who's next? Really though, I couldn’t be happier for Alex, its sounds like she gets it. There are a ton of members who aren’t at that stage yet. DAD!! How many baptisms have you done?! Classic...I’m glad it all worked out. Keep up the good work guys; it’s so nice to have a family who is willing to work with missionaries, that’s VERY rare out here, so you guys are a huge blessing. Kimi and Nate are getting married, Kyle is a SENIOR in high school, and Cami has a dope job with Matt Frisbie...blows my mind. It’s great to hear from you all.
This week was a whirlwind of emotions. My trainer left me....that was way harder than I expected. We became a great companionship after these few months together. the mission throws everything at you...it was hard because we both put so much effort into our companionship and now I have to do it all over again. Well, the good news is that my new comp is elder Jordan Smith...yup sis Love's grandson that was in the MTC with me, from Chino. He is in his 4th transfer and I’m in my 3rd....and the whole Russian language thing, well....it’s coming. Our district this transfer is way young. we have 6 and 2 are training ( who haven’t been out a year yet), which means 2 of them just got to the country less than a week ago, and then there is me and my comp, its gunna be crazy. I’ve noticed that whoever your companion is, in the beginning of the transfer...it’s kind of hard adjusting. I just know that we'll get into the groove and turn this place upside down. We FINALLY got a hold of a "ward" list so now we have that to work with which is huge. I have met with only 7 members/ families since I’ve been here (and 2 of those are inactive) and now with this heaven sent list...turns out that we have 52 members in our area!!! This and 5 of those members/ families are active...we've got some work to do. So we had a miracle yesterday but I have to start the story from the beginning. About a month ago I would say, we went contacting (as usual) and ran into a man who was baptized but is completely inactive. His name is Michael (Mee-kh-i-el) and said that we could meet with him. Then I met with him only once after that. We called him yesterday morning and asked if we could meet and he said yes!!! So we get there with a lesson about how to break an addiction because he related a bunch of his problems to smoking and that he wanted to stop (at our last meeting). So we start and everything is going well, then it was as if he got way offended and he told us not to bring up smoking again...so we agreed went on to our back up plan...the Restoration. We asked him if he wanted a blessing and he said yes, but that he didn’t want to sit but to kneel as we gave it. That was powerful. That let us know that he has a testimony and really wanted to change...we will meet with him next week I hope. So that was great but when we got back to our apt I called our branch president to report that we had given a blessing. turns out that our branch president had called about 10 days earlier just to see how things were going and Michael told him of his no job and bad health. The branch president then offered to come for a blessing and Michael said not at that time but in the future....that blessing was given yesterday. We had no idea that branch president had that conversation with him. God's hand is in everything! I’m learning so much right now during my personal studies, that’s “MY TIME" and I love it. Also I’m becoming a pretty good cook :) well, my new companionship will be great and I’m excited for the upcoming transfer. The weather here is stupid. It is EXACTLY like California right now and every time I’m outside if I were to close my eyes....I would be home. Anyways, that’ll change in a few weeks when its starts snowing and getting dark at 4 pm :) I love you all and have another GREAT week for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment