"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Week 5

FAMIILY!!
I'm early today, but still write me! k so this week was a rush...the older district left and I'm super sad cuz they were SO RAD! BUT, some of the coolest elders are serving in my mission so I'll see them. I'm getting a new mission president literally a week after I get to Donetsk. He's Bolivian and is in his 70's. I don't remember his name but I've seen pictures. My teacher is actually training him over skype in Russian and he said that he's way cool. But you wanna know what's COOOOOOLER!? Elder Neil L. Andersen spoke last night to us...that's 3 out of the last 4 devotionals we've had an Apostle! Before that is had been 14 weeks. AND I SHOOK HIS HAND!!! it was way rad. Some missionaries always wave to the speakers as they drive off and, well, he came by and started shaking hands, and I was there...it was way cool. I teach the 1st lesson in Russian tonight, I've tried it already a few times but tonight is the real deal. I'm kinda nervous because my Russian is scattered but I know know we'll be fine. My companions are rad except for one, he's actually kinda mean to me now that I think about it, so I'm really trying to see people as they really are, Children on God. I find that when I do that it helps me see the good in people and the negative things about them just go away. I challenge you all to do that, you will see a difference in how you perceive others. Literally all judgmental feelings will go away, because all you do is love them for who they are, because they're just like you....a child of God. I see elder Holland ALL the time! He's super funny. I turn 20 in a month! I just realized...oh and dad, for some reason I find my self saying "dad" jokes, all the time. Look what you did!! It's cool they're all funny...to me haha. How is everything? Kyle still hasn't written me back! But I get all of your letters, I'm so glad things are going well. OH and did you like my pictures? how about the tractor one....I thought it was more rebellious than a police golf cart haha. I want you all to focus on the small and simple things, like earnestly praying, and PONDERING the scripts. I know that as you do this, you will start to see positive changes in how you see things, you will start to see blessings that you have never noticed before. Also, continue to be missionaries, there is A LOT of work you can do especially at home. Study the scriptures, study the atonement, and do it earnestly, I know that you study these things, you will have a greater desire to share this AMAZING message with others. the language will come, I know this. God calls the weak (aka Sean) and gives them the tools that they need in order to do His work. I don't need to stress about the language because God had a plan, He had a purpose, and it's too important to have missionaries go out and not be able to learn the language. I know that I have to try my best and God will allow me the ability to speak all the Russian that it is needed, doesn't mean I'll be a killer speaker, but I'll know what is needed to do the work. The spirit will take care of all the rest. I Love you all SO much. Keep up the good work at home, and write me today! i'll have just enough time to read it :)
have a Great week!
Elder Rooney

No comments:

Post a Comment