"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, December 24, 2012

Baptism week

What the heck! Not one letter from any of you!?....I forgive you. hopefully everything will work out, I plan on calling home at 7:30 am wed morning for me, so hopefully that will be Tuesday night for you!
 This week was crazy...we had such an awesome week. The weather is getting so cold again!!!! We haven't had electricity  for 2 days now so we opened up our wanna be balcony thing and opened to windows....so we just froze everything haha.  The guy came to day to fix FINALLY and said that the problem was a super easy fix...of course it was.  We lived to days by flashlight....it was terrible, but an adventure. I'll keep this one short b/c i'll "see" you all soon. But I had such an awesome week.  I was privileged to have the opportunity to baptize a brother from Cameroon.  I didn't teach him the lessons but he always came to our branch b/c we translated for all of the brothas. I did the baptismal interview with him and we got pretty close. there were 2 baptisms at the same time and I knew both of the guys getting baptized really well, so i was really fun to watch them go through the process of faith unto repentance and baptism, and to watch their lives turn around. Then the next day at church, I was pulled into a room by the other brotha  who was baptized on Saturday  and he just spilled out all of his fears and nerves and it was a huge privilege to be able to use the scriptures to comfort him...them only minutes later, I confirmed him a member of the church being that our branch president doesn't speak any English. I was so blessed to be worthy to give counsel when needed  and to be able to perform the ordinances.  honestly, it was one of the happiest days on my mission.   Ok cool, so I'll see you soon and we'll all catch up a bit ok :)?    Love you guys!

Merry Christmas

- Старейшина Руни


No comments:

Post a Comment