"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Teaching in English!!

HI FAMILY!!
  Sorry I'm a day late today...we were way busy yesterday and couldn't get everything in.  But it sounds like there was a PARTY in Utah! That's what I like to hear.  My family is the best ever. Its crazy to see how much everything has changed.  And what the BEARDS Nate and Kurt?!!  Its game on when I get home...Rob's teeth look so great and everyone just looks happy which is all that matters to me!  Well we actually just got back from a lesson that technically doesn't "count" b/c we didn't start and end with a prayer but it was AWESOME!  We met this man named Richard and he's from Miami and has lived here for 5 years now and he works for this lady who has a private English school.  Well he invited us to go and so we went and met some awesome people.  But today he wasn't there so we were the highlight of the class.  There is a man who is a 7th day Adventist pastor and is way interested in what we believe in and he is just sooooo humble.  He started asking a ton of questions that lead into the plan of Salvation and other Gospel topics and it was so cool b/c the teacher slash owner of the school was there and since its a private organization, we were aloud to expound a bit on what we believe.  The teacher, Maria, started asking a ton of questions as well and the spirit was there and its was rad to see light enter into the hearts of these people.  Tomorrow we will have a lesson with The pastor, Vitally, and his wife in our mission office where we will give the message of the restoration and watch these people change their lives.  The elect will hear the word and these people and the ones asking questions.  They were so stoked after our lesson/visit that they invited us back anytime  we wanted.  Maria was asking us some awesome questions and we didn't have time to answer some of them so we wrote them down and we will answer them on Thursday when we will go back share with them what American brownies are [ :) ] and how we can live with our families forever.  I'm so stoked!!  It was so nice to be able to teach in my native tongue where I knew EXACTLY how to say anything I wanted.  So we're looking forward to tomorrow when we can share with these people the plan of happiness!! I'm PUMPED.  This gospel is SO true.  I love studying the scriptures and the getting the insights that God tenderly blesses me with.  My comp and I have gotten so close and we have been so blessed to be able to help each other through thick and thin.  I have gained a testimony about service in relationships this past week.  I have truly seen how, as Mike Rooney said" the key to having a successful relationship is when each person puts in 115% ".  Communication is so crucial with any relationship.  Anyways, missionary work here is awesome and service truly is the best and easiest way to live a more than happy life.  I love this opportunity to work on my own character and finding out what kind of person I am and who I want to become.  To end, I have learned that just as in the parable of the talents, we must look for the things that we are good at (talents) and USE them!  and focus on them to build them more and more so that when our Savior takes an inventory of our works, he can then add to our talents, but we must focus first with what we have...THEN we will have more added unto us.  This principle has helped me overcome my weaknesses in so many ways which is so cool to see b/c when I focused on what I AM good at (spiritual gifts), I will do so much to get better and better and eventually realize that when I was working on my strengths my weaknesses became stronger as well, soon to become "weak things" made "strong".  SO COOL!


anyways, i love you all so much!

-Sean

PS  when you write about NATE, please signify which one,  being that there are now two of them! thanks :)




No comments:

Post a Comment