"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, September 3, 2012

Learn, Teach, Serve....

Thanks Dad for you letter!  
 You get a personal one today, b/c Mom wanted a personal one so I thought it would be good if you got one too.  You, my friend, are one of the hardest workers that I know.  And b/c of you, I have become self dependant but not only that, I have become (and am ever striving to become) more are more efficient.   We had a member of the 70 come in May and his wife is one of the most knowledgeable people that I have ever spoken to when it comes to doctrine and gospel things. In the first chapter of 2nd peter (vs 3-8 I'm pretty sure) Its talks about the things that we need to learn and apply in order to have our calling an election made sure.  If you notice carefully they are the same principles talked about in D/C 4.  I had a question that concerned the definition of "Godliness", b/c if I remember correctly Godliness adds to brotherly kindness (in 2nd Peter).  So I asked her what that meant.  The answer she gave hit me really hard, She told me that cleanliness is close to Godliness.  Why? b/c when things are clean, they are in order.  And God works with order. He is perfectly organized and perfectly efficient. I am trying to become like my Father in Heaven one day , so I have to start somewhere.  Dad, you are an organized person and work very efficiently.  That is a sign of Godliness, now I am in no way comparing you to God, however what I am saying is that you are very organized which allows you to do many things in a small amount of time, which then (b/c you actually do them) leads to you being a hard worker.  And b/c of your example, I have completely changed my life when it comes to that aspect.   Thank you for you awesome example and all of patience with a "selective" worker haha  me!   I have learned and have applied this concept in my life and am trying to become efficient and its made such a huge difference in my life.  As I have told your wife, I am the exact same kid from when I left when it comes to personality, but know that I have a real testimony and a passionate love for learning and achieving, I will accomplish a ton of things with the God on my side, through out my life.  Thanks for everything that you do!  I look up to you more than you can imagine.  Keep working hard.  Read your scriptures everyday with a study journal!  develop a greater love for the doctrine of the kingdom, and then once you've learned something, TEACH.  In D/C 88 78-83 I think, its talks about teaching and learning, and it blows my mind how important teaching is.  Pretty much learn as much as you can so that you can be a better and more useful tool in the hands of God to teach others and help build their faith.  I have also seen my life change b/c of a love for the scriptures but you have to write your thoughts and impressions down to show God how you treasure the things He gives you.   I could go forever but, I know that you and mom are being blessed b/c of the love rendered  to the Zaidi boys.  They will never forget you help, and I will never for get your example.   I love you will all I have (which currently is about 7 dollars and a badly worn pair of shoes haha but nonetheless, its everything)!  have a great week!

- Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment