"This is sick!!"      peace,  Elder Dude

"This is sick!!" peace, Elder Dude

Monday, December 12, 2011

Alexander's Day

FAMILY!!!
WOOOOW, things at home seem crazy. I hope all the wedding things go as planned! I loved hearing from you all. I’m excited to see pictures from the wedding. I was just reading in my journal and in AUGUST I wrote that Kimi got engaged....where does time go?! So this past week was "transfer calls" and....I’m staying in my area with my comp!!! I’m so excited. I prayed to stay haha. We are killing it here and I love this area so much. So, as you might have heard, we had a baptism on Saturday!! Alexander is officially a member of the church! We’re going to do "Shashleeky" today with him at his Dacha. It’s pretty much shish-ka-bobs. The whole district will be there. It'll be super cold but I brought the football (thanks again mom!) so it'll be a good time. So on for the baptism we picked him up and went with Alexander so that we knew he would be there haha. But we got there a bit late and NO ONE was there. I freaked out inside. There was one member there and the font was full but not even the missionaries were there! I felt so bad. Then God taught me patience. Finally the other missionaries showed up then SLOWLY people started coming. The baptism started about an hour late but in the end it all worked out. It was so cool too because it was kind of a risk...as in we decided that the branch needed to grow up a little bit and prepare the baptism instead of the missionaries doing it all as usual. So we called the Branch President and asked him who would be speaking so that we could make the programs (that’s the only thing we did) but he gave assignments (he’s kind of a slacker sometimes so it was way cool that he made an effort...also he never used to like the missionaries either because one of the missionaries offended him or something......anyways things are slowly getting better!).


WEll, Alexander asked another elder to baptize him, which I was kind of bummed about because I wanted a member of the branch to do it, but it’s no big deal. He was baptized twice because he's HUGE and well...yea. After the baptism an angel in our branch brought goodies and the branch SWARMED him after. It was SOOO rad to see the branch actually functioning together. At church I was able to stand in the circle for the confirmation...that was a special experience. Alexander will be a wonderful member. He gave up drinking, smoking, and friends I would say to join the church. The week before the baptism I’ve never seen anyone so drained in my life. His parents were against it, and his friends were calling him crazy and stupid things like that. My heart hurt for him that whole time. IT was rough for him. So, also at church...remember the "brotha" Frank? He came to church! He shows up like a total baller in a light cream colored suit down to matching socks and shoes...looking waaay fresh. Anyways, he said that everyone was warm and he felt super good so we'll see what happens! Things are going great here. Garrett Jones wrote me tooo! WE found another guy named Rocky from the Peace Corps and he's from Vegas...we're going to hang out with soon. Well, I have pictures to send and that takes a while but I love you all and I EXPECT pictures from the wedding!
Thanks :)
-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment